Total War: ROME II – Rise of the Republic Balance Patch NotesSeptember 4 2018
The Total War: ROME II – Rise of the Republic balance patch is now live!
This patch introduces a number of tweaks, fixes, and improvements to ROME II’s base game and DLCs, including changes to politics, units, and the campaign map.
We’re releasing a small patch for Total War: ROME II today that contains a couple of minor fixes for the mod community:
- Issues generating startpos files using BoB should now be resolved
- We should note that you should refrain from naming your database tables using the campaign prefixes (e.g. main_3c for Empire Divided) which will result in the start-pos.esf failing to be created
- Character limit for UI has been increased to alleviate some of the issues encountered by the Chinese localisation mod
- Family members will no longer separate from the player’s family to form a new political party.
- Changed the loyalty bonuses on Easy and Normal difficulty – on Easy each party has +10 loyalty, on Normal there is no loyalty from difficulty.
- Reduced the cost of Samnite Armoured Spearmen.
- Reduced the armour of Centuriae and slightly increased their cost.
- Increased the movement speed of Lucanian Warriors.
- Increased the morale of Samnite Silver Infantrymen and Linen Legion.
- Slightly increased the weapon damage of Samnite Silver Infantrymen.
- Increased the melee attack and melee defence of Etruscan Light Spearmen.
- Veneti Ambushers can now attack as missile infantry, instead of always charging the enemy.
- Decreased the price of Sherden Swordsmen and slightly increased their weapon damage and charge bonus.
- Increased the price of Etruscan City Guard.
Campaign Map Changes
- Reduced Demoralize Army’s starting value and reduced it’s scaling per point of zeal.
- Reduced Steal Food’s scaling per point of zeal.
- Send Diplomat will only grant a region where a border is shared between the player and the faction to whom a diplomat is sent.
- Increased the cost of the Leisure Time and Assassinate intrigues by 100%.
- Increased the loyalty granted by Send Gift by 100%.
- Increased the cost of the Improve Relations intrigue by 150%.
- Increased the loyalty granted by Praise by 50%.
- Reduced the duration of Insult’s decreased loyalty effect by 2 turns.
- Increased the negative loyalty provided by the Provoke politican action by 50%.
- Lucanian Warriors and Lucanian Ambushers now require a tier 2 settlement to be recruited.
- Removed Etruscan Chariots from being a commander unit in custom battles for Tarchuna.
- Introduced changes to help the AI maintain more garrisons.
- Reduced the frequency at which the AI will hire Hippotoxotes.
- Reworked faction personalities for Volsci, Sabines, Hernici, Lucani and Bruttii to make them less treacherous and make the early game a bit easier.
- Reduced the negative costs of Etruscan minor military buildings.
- Reduced number of Etruscan minor settlement industrial buildings and the construction cost reduction they provide.
- The Family Tree screen will no longer return to the top if an intrugue is used on a character that is shown on the bottom of the tree.
- Faction-wide public order bonus from female Cursus Honorum is available only at level 4.
- Added missing effects to the Nutter trait and its subsequent levels.
- Added Lucanian Ambushers, Campanian Cavalry and Bruttii Tribesmen to Samnites’ roster in custom battle.
- A new toggle feature has been introduced to the Assembly Kit – after a pack file creation is performed by BOB, all exported binaries are deleted from the Assembly Kit’s working data folder. This change prevents previously exported changes leaking into new pack files.
- Fixed issues with stuck AI ships during coastal assaults.
- Fixed the AI’s ships not disembarking and preventing the player from completing coastal assault battles.
- Removed Sicillian Peltasts from Taras’ roster in custom battle.
- Fixed the Greek States faction trait Naval Prowess to properly grant its bonus.
- Fixed Roman Secessionists in the Grand Campaign raising armies with units that require technologies.
- Fixed the size of Italian Veteran Spearmen in battle.
- Fixed the tier 5 Syracuse mercenary building showing up as available.
- Fixed the Etruscan Nethuns temple chain so it’s regional food bonus for ports is now correctly applied to minor settlements.
- Fixed an issue where after a condefederation two characters could have the faction leader trait.
- Fixed an issue with clouds obscuring too much of the campaign map at maximum zoom distance in Rise of the Republic campaign.
- Fixed duplicate Legatus commander units in Imperator Augustus campaign.
- Fixed an issue with a missing effect concerning building construction time in a Samnite technology and an ancillary.
- Fixed Saba’s upkeep reduction for mercenaries not affecting Ma’rib Guard and Maas Gat Marauders.
- Fixed an issue with missing legs on Steppe Horse Skirmishers in Empire Divided campaign.
- Fixed a large settlement battle map being used for the port of Terranoa.
- Fixed an issue with missing units of Carthage garrisons in Rise of the Republic campaign.
- Fixed an Illyrian mercenary unit not being affected by mercenary effects.
- Fixed a few of Syracuse’s technologies not affecting naval mercenaries in Rise of the Republic campaign.
- Fixed text inconsistencies within a few technology descriptions in non-English languages.
- Fixed the title of the message event when an enemy champion succeeds in using the Trap action against a player’s agent.
- Fixed the lip sync in Polish, Turkish and Czech.
- Fixed a crash when bribing an enemy commander of a rebel or slave rebellion faction.
- Fixed the battle maps of city assaults in Egyptian settlements of Imperator Augustus campaign not having Egyptian buildings in them.
- Fixed an issue where Syracuse used the Carthage battle map while it is a Hellenistic settlement.
- There are some cases of passive AI behavior in city assault and coastal assault battles.
- Flickering shadows may be observed when playing on Ultra graphical settings.
- There is a case where the game may crash if units from Empire Divided are used in a port assault battle on a Rise of the Republic map and they fight for a control point.
- Flickering shadows could be observed in battles when Nvidia SLI setup is used.