30 Birthday Regiments – FAQ and Unit List
To celebrate 30 years of awesome strategy games development, xenomorph terrorising and gratuitous goblin-tossing, CA is gifting TW: WARHAMMER players with 30 new Regiments of Renown. Fortifying the Race-rosters of the Beastmen, Bretonnia, Chaos Warriors, Norsca and the Wood Elves, this significant update is available free and easy through Total War Access. Players can register/log in here.
The 30th Anniversary Regiments of Renown will be playable from August 10th.
- What are the 30th Birthday Regiments?
- CA’s 30th Birthday Regiments Free-LC brings 30 unique Regiments of Renown to all the WARHAMMER factions that haven’t received them yet; The Beastmen, The Wood Elves, Chaos, Bretonnia and the new DLC race Norsca.
- Do I have to pay for them or are they free?
- The Birthday Regiments are a free piece of downloadable content that will be available for everyone at the same time as the Norsca DLC release.
- How do I download them?
- You can download the 30th birthday regiments by logging in/singing up to Total War Access and activating the Free-LC from your dashboard
- When can I get them?
- The 30th Birthday Regiments will be available on the 10th of August at the same time as the release of the Norsca DLC
- Which factions are receiving new regiments?
- The Beastmen, The Wood Elves, Chaos, Bretonnia and Norsca
- What game are the Regiments available on?
- These Regiments are a free piece of downloadable content for Total War: WARHAMMER
- Is there a list of the regiments and what they do?
|Beastmen||Destroyer’s of the Drakwald||Ungor Spearmen Herd (Shields)||Extra melee defence|
|Beastmen||Black-Horn’s Ravagers||Gor Herd (Shields)||Stalk, Vanguard Deploy, Extra Armour + Charge Bonus|
|Beastmen||Khorrok’s Manrippers||Bestigors||Halberds, Bonus vs Large, Charge Defence vs Large, Defensive Stats|
|Beastmen||The Eye of Morrslieb||Cygor||Warp Gaze Ability (Cannot Move Hex)|
|Beastmen||Sons of Ghorros||Centigors (Great Weapons)||Guardian Ability (+ Physical Resistance to nearby characters buff), Extra Armour, Magic Attacks|
|Beastmen||Butchers of Kalkengard||Minotaurs (Shields)||Terror, Regen|
|Bretonnia||Beastslayers of Bastonne||Foot Squires||Halberds, Charge Defence vs Large, Defensive Stats|
|Bretonnia||The Holy Wardens of La Maisontaal||Battle Pilgrims||Dual Wield (improved offensive stats, Fire/Magic Attacks)|
|Bretonnia||The Companions of Quenelles||Questing Knights||Fire Resistance, Blessing of the Lady Ability (Physical Resistance whilst unbroken)|
|Bretonnia||Knights of the Lionhearted||Knights of the Realm||Fear, Encourage, Magic Attacks|
|Bretonnia||Defenders of the Fleur-de-lis||Knights Errant||Frenzy|
|Bretonnia||Wardens of Montfort||Mounted Yeomen (Archers)||Poison Attacks|
|Chaos||Mirror Guard||Chaos Warriors||Immune to Psychology, increased movement speed, Improved melee stats|
|Chaos||The Soul of Damnation||Hellcannon||Soul Devourer Ability (Increases Reload Skill When Close to Enemies)|
|Chaos||The Daemonspew||Forsaken||Poison Attacks|
|Chaos||Wyrd Spawn||Chaos Spawn||Armour sundering melee attacks, Physical Resistance|
|Chaos||Swords of Chaos||Chaos Knights||Smaller unit size, Apocalyptic Charge Ability (Map-wide Speed/Charge Speed ability), Guardian Ability, Fire attacks|
|Chaos||Summoners of Rage||Dragon Ogres||Magic attacks, Single use Chain Lightning Bound Spell (Becomes available after a set duration in melee)|
|Norsca||Soulcrusher||War Mammoth||Enrage Ability (Temporary physical resistance ability), Strider|
|Norsca||Brutes of the Hound||Marauder Berserkers||Unbreakable, Fear|
|Norsca||Beasts of Tashnar||Norscan Warhounds||Frenzy, Increased Missile Resistance, Small Bonus vs Large|
|Norsca||Mist Stalkers||Fimir Warriors||Stalk, Vanguard, Terror|
|Norsca||Maws of Savagery||Skin Wolves (Armoured)||Vanguard Deployment
|Norsca||Icehorn Marauders||Marauders||Immune to Psychology, Immune to Vigour|
|Wood Elves||Winterheart Guards||Eternal Guard (Shields)||Unbreakable, Charge Defence vs All|
|Wood Elves||Wild Hunters of Kurnous||Wild Riders (Shields)||Guardian Ability|
|Wood Elves||Loec’s Tricksters||Wardancers (Asrai Spears)||Loec’s Shroud Ability (Confer Stalk + speed), Storm of Blades Ability (+ Melee Attack, – Melee Defence)|
|Wood Elves||Hawk-eyes of Drakira||Waywatchers||Smoke Bomb Ability, Discouraged Contact Effect on missile attack|
|Wood Elves||Wardens of Cythral||Wildwood Rangers||Spear & Shield, Vanguard, Stalk, Charge Defense vs Large|
|Wood Elves||Ironbark Elders||Treekin||Fire Attacks, Fire Resistance, Wildfire Aura Ability (Increases nearby units fire resistance)|