Empire Divided Quick Fixes
Total War: ROME
Hi everyone! We hope you’re enjoying Empire Divided. If you’re having any issues, please try the following solutions.
- PC users: please check you’ve opted out of the Patch_17 beta. This was initially provided to enable support for out-of-date mods but is incompatible with Empire Divided. To do this, right click the ROME II entry in your Steam library, click Properties->Betas, and select ‘None’ from the dropdown.
- Mac users: Empire Divided is not available on Mac, but its release may cause instabilities in your ROME II installation. To remedy this please download and install Patch_17. Right click the ROME II entry in your Steam library, click Properties->Betas, and select Patch_17.
- Disable all mods: Empire Divided is not guaranteed to work with older mods installed. Please disable any installed mods by unticking them using the Mod Manager in the ROME II launcher, or using the following steps:
- Open Steam and go to your Profile on the right-hand side
- open the Workshop Items pane located on the right-hand panel, then click Subscribed Items on the right
- Please select all mods related to ROME II and click the unsubscribe button
- Delete all mods: After disabling mods, please physically delete them using the following steps:
- Open a Windows Explorer window
- In the address bar, type %appdata%, hit Enter, and navigate to AppDataRoamingThe Creative AssemblyRome2
- Back up your saves by copying your save_games and save_games_multiplayer folder to another location (eg your Desktop)
- Go up a folder level to The Creative Assembly and delete the entire Rome2 folder
- Launch the game. This will rebuild your Rome2 folder on startup, without any mod data.
- Quit the game (Alt+F4) and navigate to the new Rome2 folder in %appdata% (follow step 2 above), then copy your old save_games back in.
- The nuclear option: if you’re still having problems, physically delete all ROME II files and reinstall. To do this:
- Back up your save games (see steps above).
- Right click on Total War: ROME II – Emperor Edition in your Steam Library
- Click on Properties.
- Click on the LOCAL FILES
- Click on the BROWSE LOCAL FILES…
- Delete the data
- Delete your %AppData% folder for Rome 2 (see Delete all mods, above).
- Go back to the Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition – Properties window on Steam and click on VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES… This will re-download and install all game files from Steam.