Total War: WARHAMMER III: Pre-load begins next Tuesday, February 15th!
To ensure you’re ready to play on day one, we’re excited to announce that anyone who has pre-purchased the game will be able to pre-download it starting February 15th on the Microsoft Store, PC Game Pass, and Steam. Here’s when pre-load opens around the world:
- 5:00a HST (UTC-10)
- 7:00a PT (UTC-8)
- 10:00a ET (UTC-5)
- 16:00 CET (UTC+1)
- 20:30 IST (UTC+5:30)
- 23:00 CST (UTC+8)
- 02:00 AEDT (Feb. 16, UTC+11)
- 04:00 NZDT (Feb. 16, UTC+13)
Want to find out when it’s released in your area? Click here for a handy time zone conversion for cities all around the world.
Microsoft & PC Game Pass
For Windows Store users:
- Open the Microsoft Store by pressing the Windows key and searching for ‘Store.’
- In the search box at the top of the window, search for Total War: WARHAMMER III.
- Click the Install button to begin downloading the game files.
For Game Pass players:
- Open the Xbox App by pressing the Windows key and searching for the ‘Xbox Console Companion.’
- Search for Total War: WARHAMMER III.
- Click the Pre-Install button.
- Select the drive where you’d like to install the game and click Install.
For any problems with pre-loading, there are a few things you can check:
- Make sure you’re running on the latest version of Windows 10/11 and have installed all critical updates. To update: Click the Windows key and search for Settings. Select Windows Update and then click the Check for updates button.
- If you don’t see the game in My games and apps, search for the game in the Microsoft Store, select Total War: WARHAMMER III, and click Install to begin the installation.
- If you don’t see the install option and only a purchase option, don’t select it, as you may be charged twice. Please visit the Payment and Billing page of your Microsoft account to view the game. If the game is listed as successfully purchased, please contact Microsoft Support for additional assistance.
For players who have pre-purchased the game on the Steam store:
- Open your Steam client.
- Find Total War: WARHAMMER III in your library.
- Click the INSTALL button.
Steam will begin the pre-load the game, which you can follow in the ‘DOWNLOADS’ area.
If you encounter any problems starting the download, try fully exiting and restarting Steam to see if that helps. If you unable to begin the download after several hours, please contact Steam support for assistance.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer preload on the Epic store for Total War: WARHAMMER III.
Total War: WARHAMMER III File Size
The approximate installation size is ~120GB, so we recommend starting early. Please also make sure there is enough space available on your drive to install the game. There will also be at least one more patch prior to playing, so you’ll want to have a majority of the files ready-to-go if you want to play on day one!
We look forward to seeing you leading your favourite Warhammer force on the battlefield and will see you later this month with more Total War: WARHAMMER III news!