A Total War Saga: TROY – Rhesus & Memnon FAQ
The mighty Rhesus and Memnon come to the aid of Troy in the latest DLC for A Total War Saga: TROY.
What will be in the DLC?
A Total War Saga: TROY ‒ Rhesus & Memnon introduces:
- Two Epic Heroes from the Iliad ‒ Rhesus, the Thracian King, and Memnon, King of Aethiopia.
- Two new army rosters, consisting of 49 new units.
- Thematic new mechanics for both Epic Heroes.
- New factions and culture-specific building options.
- New features to improve player experience.
What is A Total War Saga: TROY – Rhesus & Memnon?
A Total War Saga: TROY – Rhesus & Memnon is the new Epic Hero Pack for A Total War Saga: TROY.
Who are Rhesus and Memnon?
Rhesus and Memnon are two new Epic Heroes from Homer’s Iliad who have come to bolster the defenses of Troy in its time of great need.
Rhesus, the mighty king of Thrace, is a latecomer to Troy’s defense and has promised to repel the Greeks and conquer their strongholds. With his introduction, a new playable faction is revealed – the blood-thirsty and fierce tribes of Thrace. Rhesus’s roster is unique and relies on fierce charges and mighty chariots.
Memnon, half-cousin of Paris and Hector, is a warrior-king of the far sun-drenched lands of Aethiopia, which is a vassal state of Pharaonic Egypt. Memnon leads a horde-style military expedition to prevent the bloody assault on Troy by defeating the Achaean forces. Beginning his campaign on the island of Rhodes, he must call upon reinforcements from the Pharaoh to aid his war efforts.
What are the new faction mechanics?
- Countless Host: Rhesus must seek out and unite the various inter-warring Thracian tribes and unite them under one banner. Doing so unlocks the summoning of powerful host armies to ravage the land of eternal enemies.
- Thracian Rituals: Blessed with immense religious powers, Rhesus enacts rituals to please the old cults of Thrace. These grant a variety of bonuses, including access to elite units, settlement bonuses and army buffs.
- Horde: Memnon seeks but one thing – to raze every inch of Achaea. Therefore, his military expedition cannot inhabit settlements but can take advantage of War Spoils to further power his war efforts in defense of Troy.
- Pharaoh’s Servant: Memnon relies on the influence and wealth of his Pharaoh to reinforce his ranks with soldiers from far-off lands. He must enact Royal Decrees to unlock units from each of the four regions: Aethiopia, Egypt, Canaan and Susa.
- Resourceful Strategist: Memnon does not have access to Spy, Envoy or Priestess Agents to aid his war efforts. Instead, his prestige attracts camp followers to bolster his armies or grant him special actions before battle.
What are the new units?
Rhesus’s roster includes: Plainsmen, Woodsmen, Mountaineers, War Chanters, Thracian Spearmen, Worshippers of Pan, Thracian Guards, Androphones, Dasophylakes, Warriors of Pangaion, Devoted to Zalmoxis, Forest Skirmishers, Thracian Hunters, Forest Ambushers, Thracian Bowmen and Thracian Archers. The Thracians are renowned for their chariots, so Rhesus’s roster includes five chariot units: Thracian Light Chariots, Thracian Chariots, Mares of Diomedes, Thracian Archer Chariots and Thorns of Thrace.
Memnon’s roster includes: Aethiopian tribesmen, Aethiopian Spearmen, Nefru Infantry, Philistine Swordsmen, Hupshu, Manfyt Infantry, Chariot Runners, Irtjet Staff Bearers, Henkhu Guards, Nakhtu-aa Infantry, Medjai Warriors, Sherden Warriors, Egyptian Slingers, Aethiopian Hunters, Aethiopian Javelinmen, Aethiopian Archers, Elamite Stoneslingers, Archers of Wawat, Egyptian Archers, Maryannu, Light Seneny Chariots and Seneny Chariots.
Will there be any free content with A Total War Saga: TROY – Rhesus & Memnon?
Yes! Together with the Rhesus & Memnon DLC we are introducing six new features, aiming to improve governance and the strategic experience.
- Island Trading ‒ Factions can trade their island regions to other factions who don’t own a settlement in the province.
- Balance Deal ‒ Players can optimize deals with positive evaluation by requesting an automatic Single Barter from the AI.
- Instant Construction ‒ Players can construct queued buildings instantly by paying additional gold.
- Settlement Abandonment ‒ Players can abandon settlements, having some building costs refunded and leaving a ruin.
- Embed Informant ‒ A new diplomatic action that reveals a faction for a set number of turns, costing gold.
- Auto-resolve Predictions ‒ Casualties display prior to auto resolving battles, which shows the units that will be eliminated entirely or partially. This aims to encourage players to fight battles to keep any units that they would not like injured or dead.
When will A Total War Saga: TROY – Rhesus & Memnon be released?
A Total War Saga: TROY – Rhesus & Memnon will launch on Steam and the Epic Games Store on 14th December 2021 at 3pm GMT.
How much does A Total War Saga: TROY – Rhesus & Memnon cost?
A Total War Saga: TROY – Rhesus & Memnon will cost £7.99 / $9.99 / €9.99
Where can I buy A Total War Saga: TROY – Rhesus & Memnon?
A Total War Saga: TROY – Rhesus & Memnon, like the main game itself, can be bought on both Steam and the Epic Games Store, and on our Total War Store Page. You can buy it on Steam here, on Epic here, and on the Total War Store here.
Can I play A Total War Saga: TROY – Rhesus & Memnon multiplayer cross-platform between Steam and the Epic Games Store?
Yes, we are supporting cross-store multiplayer between Steam and Epic.
Is there a pre-purchase discount for A Total War Saga: TROY – Rhesus & Memnon?
Yes, there is a 10% discount on both Steam and the Epic Games Store starting on 1st December 2021 at 3pm GMT and ending at launch on 5th January 2021 at 3pm GMT.
Can I buy A Total War Saga: TROY – Rhesus & Memnon as a part of a bundle deal?
Yes! The Rhesus & Memnon DLC will be a part of the Ultimate Edition bundle pack, which also includes the base game, MYTHOS DLC, Amazons DLC and Ajax & Diomedes DLC, where you can save 40% with your purchase.
Will the DLC be released on MacOS?
Yes! The MacOS release is coming soon.