Total War: PHARAOH FAQ
WHAT IS TOTAL WAR: PHARAOH?
Total War: PHARAOH is the newest entry in the award-winning grand strategy series from the developers at Creative Assembly. Experience ancient Egypt during the vibrant and tumultuous era of the Bronze Age Collapse and master dynamic real-time battles and turn-based empire management to rise above your adversaries and become Egypt’s last great PHARAOH.
WHEN WILL TOTAL WAR: PHARAOH BE RELEASED?
Total War: PHARAOH is out now on Steam!
WHAT IS THE HIGH TIDE UPDATE?
The High Tide update is a free update to all current and future PHARAOH owners! Dark sails on the horizon tell of the coming storm. Drive the Bronze Age Collapse by playing as one of two new factions from the Sea Peoples culture. The ruthless Sherden strive only to destroy and sacrifice while the Peleset are on the warpath to establish a new homeland. Dominating the battlefield using the new horde style of gameplay, here is an overview of what to expect with this free update:
New Faction: Sherden
Raze your way to glory and fortune! It takes but a lit torch and a determined man to tip the scales of the Bronze Age Collapse towards certain destruction, and Iolaos is that man. Strike fear into Ancient Empires and Sea Peoples alike as you burn, plunder and threaten your way across windswept dunes and lush grasslands. Bring your enemies to their knees, grow your horde and herald the final collapse.
New Faction: Peleset
Led by their hulking patriarch Walwetes, the Peleset embrace a different approach to conquest. They’ve come ashore to Canaan searching for a new home and are willing to stand against Egypt to carve a kingdom for themselves. Use your dismountable Oxen Carts infantry chariots to outflank your enemies and lay devastation upon anyone who would dare oppose you. Your drive to find a new land for your people spells doom for anyone that stands in your path. Forge a new home in the furnace of the Bronze Age collapse!
37 new units, including dismountable chariot units!
Dominate the battlefield with 37 new units. Hold the line with Nuraghe Warriors, specialist Sherden infantry that can form a Kelone (a turtle-like formation using shields) to protect themselves from missile fire. Flank your enemies with Oxen Carts: dismountable chariot units that deliver Peleset shock troops into the heart of battle. Set the field of battle on fire with Sherden Bowmen, archers capable of firing sulphur tipped arrows that ignite the ground beneath their enemies’ feet. Spear your foes with Nuraghe Harpooneers – elite Sherden ranged infantry units armed with savage harpoons that can kill instantly, which is also capable of holding their own in melee combat.
New ‘Forge your own Path’ Royal Tradition with 2 new Mechanics (Paths)
- The new “Forge your own path” tradition is a choice available to all factions in the game.
- The Path of the Marauder is open to all factions who’ve selected the Forge Your Own Path tradition – win battles, earn Eminence, grow your might, spread unheard-of destruction!
- The Path of the Sea Peoples allows that culture to manage the balance between their Hordes, Armies, Settlements and Tribal Outposts to tailor their bonuses to their playstyle.
- Horde mechanic for the Sea Peoples factions. Raze settlements to fuel your conquest!
Thrive in chaos
- The Pillars of Civilization mechanic will be updated so that Sea Peoples benefit from the Crisis and Collapse stages.
- Sea peoples can access 5 new deities anywhere on the map in addition to the realm-specific pantheons of Local Deities.
Use the new Warriors’ Refuge outpost to recruit random units including native units and otherwise non-playable Sea Peoples units.
New Royal Decrees, faction traits, titles, and ancillaries.
WHAT PLAYABLE FACTIONS ARE AVAILABLE?
The base game will contain ten playable factions from four diverse cultures. Eight are currently already playable, and two more will be added for free in January 2024.
- Egyptian: Ramesses, Seti, Tausret, Amenmesse
- Canaanite: Bay, Irsu
- Hittite: Kurunta, Suppiluliuma
- Sea Peoples: Iolaos (Sherden faction), Walwetes (Peleset faction) – available as part of the High Tide free update launching January 25th, 2024.
WHERE CAN I PLAY TOTAL WAR: PHARAOH AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Total War: PHARAOH is available for PC and Mac on Steam and costs: £29.99 /$39.99 / €39.99.
WHY HAS THE PRICE OF PHARAOH BEEN REDUCED?
We reduced the price of Total War: PHARAOH as we think this is a fairer cost of the game for players. For anyone who has already purchased Total War: PHARAOH through Steam for the original price, you will get an automatic partial refund from Steam directly. For anyone who has purchased through any other store, please refer to the information below for further details.
HOW DO I OBTAIN A PARTIAL REFUND FOR MY DIGITAL PURCHASE FOLLOWING THE REDUCTION IN PRICE?
If you purchased Total War: PHARAOH from Steam, the Total War Store or one of our approved retailers, you should expect to receive a refund automatically within 7 to 10 working days. You should receive an email confirmation once the refund is processed. Ongoing access to the game and any existing live content should remain unaffected.
For anyone who purchased a physical copy please return it to the retailer you bought it from with your proof of purchase for a partial refund.
HOW MUCH SHOULD MY PARTIAL REFUND BE?
The partial refund is the difference between the price you paid at time of purchase for your preferred edition and the updated price being offered by your retailer on the Total War: PHARAOH Standard Edition. The total amount of the partial refund varies by edition, retailer, purchase region and currency.
WHAT LANGUAGES IS TOTAL WAR: PHARAOH AVAILABLE IN?
- Text and subtitles are available in the following languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Czech, Polish, Turkish, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Simplified & Traditional Chinese.
- Full audio is available in English, German and Mandarin.
- Partial audio is available in French, Italian, Spanish and Polish. This is for the advisor only.
DOES THE GAME HAVE MULTIPLAYER SUPPORT?
Total War: PHARAOH offers two-player co-op and head-to-head mode.