Tips for Managing Thrones of Britannia Saved Games
It’s now been a few days since we deployed the first balance update for Thrones of Britannia.
Many of the changes were put in as a response to community feedback calling for campaigns to be a bit more challenging, and so we’re hoping that the systems should now give you challenge aplenty to get stuck into.
They are, however, best experienced within a new campaign. The further into an existing campaign you are, the more significantly the changes may throw your economy, food, and faction mechanics.
If you’re not ready to jump into a new campaign just yet, though, fear not – you do have a couple of options.
1. Roll back
You can switch back to the pre-patched game to finish your campaign – simply follow these steps:
- Restart Steam
- Find Total Wars Saga: Thrones of Britannia in your Steam library
- Right click Total Wars Saga: Thrones of Britannia and go to Properties in the drop-down menu
- Go to the Betas tab
- In the drop-down menu under Select the beta you would like to opt into: select release_version to roll back
2. Rebalance your books
If you’re keen to continue your campaign using the latest updated version of the game, here are a few tips that can help get you back on top of things:
- If you suddenly have big deficits to deal with, most of that will be coming from the upkeep of armies. Simply disbanding some units from a few of your armies or reducing the number of armies that you own will free up food and income which can put you back into positives before ending a turn.
- The Mill building chain now boosts food production from farms, pastures, and orchards, so utilising that change can help to deal with a shortage.
- Adjusting the tax slider is another way to get your income back in order. Just be cautious and use the slider conservatively so that it doesn’t affect the public order of your settlements.
- Lastly, capturing the minor settlements surrounding a major settlement will ensure that the province as a whole will produce a positive food income.
We hope you’re enjoying the changes so far! Please let us know what you think here.